----- Original Message -----
From: Trem Williams <t...@silvergen.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 1999 8:26 AM
Subject: Re: CS>Re: Current regulator

Much good stuff deleted to save redundancy.  I love this, you challenge me,
and that is good because we tend to become educated when challenged.  :)

> You know I am right as does anyone who uses constant voltage generators.
> The current begins to rapidly rise as the silver is deposited in the
water.
> Your voltage, timing, spacing, wetted surface and water temperature all
> affect the end product.   And not to its benefit.

Okay, the issue that I am going to get into in this message is voltage and
current.  first some basics;
Charge is expressed in Coulombs. 1 Coulomb = 6.242x10^18 electrons
Current = the number of electrons flowing through a circuit in a given
period of time, expressed in Amperes.
1 Ampere = 1 coulomb per second.

The flow of electrons through any CS generator is measured as current, and
is expressed as amps, or milli-amps , but is also able to be calculated as a
specific number of electrons flowing from the Cathode to the Anode; the key
to understand, is that 30mA of current flow at 5 volts and 30 mA of current
flow at 15,000 volts result in EXACTLY the same number of electrons flowing
through the system - no more, no less!

Example: 30mA of current flowing through a circuit which has 5 volts applied
to it (from a small battery or a Monster Bench power supply) has 1.87x10^17
electrons flowing through that circuit.

Second example: a Circuit with 15,000 volts applied, with a current of 30mA
flowing through it has 1.87x10^17 electrons flowing through it.

Exactly the same number of electrons are moving through both example
circuits, at the same speed, capable of doing exactly the same job... If we
are now back to looking at CS generators, when one electron reaches the
positively charged Anode, it can free one silver ion, allowing it to move
into the water between the electrodes... Voltage in this basic reaction is
irrelevant for a given current flow.

Higher Voltage [electron pressure] can be used to overcome a lack of
conductivity, and is usefull as far as it is required, but the actual
electrons moving through the system are exactly the same, in the same
quantities....

Regulating current to desired levels is the key to quality CS generation,
but once you have enough voltage to overcome the low conductivity of
distilled water, anything beyond that is inconsequential to the process...
Current is very significant, while voltage is not.... too much current is
the thing you have to avoid for a given electrode configuration.

I just ran a test: .999 fine, 8oz. 72 degree distilled water, 3 inches
wetted depth and 1/2 inch spacing with no saline or other additive.  After
15 minutes, I had 5ppm with 3mA.  After 25 minutes, I had 12ppm with 5mA.
Is 5mA to high?  Is 3mA to high?  How did you come to the conclusion that
1mA was best?  And how can we find out if it is better, worse or the same as
3mA or 5mA?

I am not a rocket a scientest, and most people aren't.  What is important
here is that one is able to produce colloidal silver quickly, and when
needed.  I for one, don't even have time to take an aspiran sometimes when a
headache comes on!  I love the pedal to the metal way, it's very fast and
efficient.

James Allison