Arnold Beland wrote:
I have found that repeated sharp movement will result in the agglomeration of particles. I have tested this in two ways. I have simulated shipping by using an ultrasonic cleaner which resulted in the very rapid deposition of bits of silver at the bottom. I also sent a gallon to a friend of mine in Florida which is all the way across the country who then reset it to me. Quite a few of the particles had agglomerated it to the point where they were large enough for brownian motion to no longer keep them in suspension. The resulting measurement of total silver by digestion with nitric acid and measurement with my atomic absorption spectrophotometer indicated the loss of about 50% of the silver.

Sorry, I don not understand. Aggregation does not reduce total silver content, it only separates it if it precipitates out. Can you clarify? Where did it go?

Marshall