Hi, Renee,Well, I did`t give my kids CS `cause they were grown and gone by
the time I found out about it! (They use it now for their own kids!)  But as
CS is easily excreted, I don`t think giving them the amount I take would
prove a problem. (Been taking it for 11 years now, 12 come May, I`m still
pink as a piggy. I make my own.)
I take one swallow of CS, which is 1/3 cup, every 3-4 days or so as a
preventive. But as kids are exposed far more often than I am, (I`m a stay at
home disabled grandma) they can have theirs every other day, and each day
during the bad cold season, or if exposed to a sick person.
When I feel something coming on, I`ll take 3 swallows or more a day, until I
feel better. I don`t get colds anymore, used to get one every six months or
so, until I stopped using batteries! I use a wall plug in thingy now, so I
don`t have batteries going dead on me.
 Hope this helps!
Marshalee