frankcuns-r...@comcast.net wrote:
A word of advice when distilling. The amount of heat one needs to apply is that just necessary to produce vapors. In other words, once you start distilling use the least amount of heat possible. You want to avoid over-boiling. It is also advisable to add glass beads to the water to be distilled so that the dissolved gases are released gradually without over-boiling. Finally make sure you filter the water before you start. What is your elevation? do you live in a mountain area. The vapor pressure diminishing as you reduce the atmospheric pressure.
Frank
I use a purchased distiller, and for CS making I do distill filtered cold water. I have no control over the temperature the still boils the water at.
Elevation here is 6300 ft.
I still want to know if distilling removes fluoride or not? I suppose from your first answer that it does, but am confused by the "open distillation" comment. In a closed distiller from which the distillate comes out via a spout into a collection container, will there be fluroide in the distilled water or not?
thanks,
sol