Dear CSers,
I have been trying to post some articles I've written and use in my
business on the list for those who are interested, but Mike suggests I
send them one at a time, since sending them together doesn't work.
Here is attachment #1, with two more to follow. They are in text format
for easier handling.

[The following is from an email I sent to someone on the Silver List, but it
gives specific information some may find interesting.]

>Question: I have worked with diet...all types of diet...and I always do as
>much organic as possible. Right now I am following the alkaline Bio-Balance
>Diet. When I did it before, I was doing urine pH testing. I don't know if I
>made myself too alkaline. I need to get some pH tape.

Answer: Dr. Reams said that if your chemistry was balanced, you could eat any
good food without reactions. He didn't place much credit in "Type" diets -
"Body Type", "Blood Type", etc., except to provide temporary relief until one's
chemistry was balanced. I have repeatedly noticed that a client could not
efficiently metabolize certain foods - say, protein or sugars - and then when
they had balanced their chemistry, they could again eat those foods without
suffering for it.

>Question: Obviously you cannot tell me at this time, w/o knowing my pH,
>whether coral calcium would be good for me. Do you ever use coral calcium? I
>am fascinated by it at the moment. Also, the Pascalite I am taking is a
>calcium-based clay. Apparently the only one. I called and found its pH is in
>the high 6 or 7-point range...can't remember right now. Coral calcium is in
>the 9's.

Answer: I do not personally recommend either coral or Pascalite calcium because
of the cost. I have no reason to distrust either of them as far as their
quality. I also do not know if they are more assimilable than, say, oyster
shell (which is BARELY assimilable). The main issue is, where do they push
one's pH? You mentioned that Pascalite calcium has a pH of high 6 or 7, and
that Coral calcium is in the high 9's. This, assuming they are not hard to
break down, like oyster shell, would make them good calciums to be used to
balance an over-acid pH. But so is calcium hydroxide, which is considerably
cheaper to buy. (You have to ask a pharmacist to order it; it's rarely on the
shelf. Daily Manufacturing also carries it.) Once a client's pH is close to 6.4
(6.3-6.5), I recommend they switch to a neutral pH calcium such as calcium
orotate, aspartate, citrate or gluconate. Neutral pH calciums can be utilized
by the body in large quantities, because they are very low-energy calciums.!
 Reams said that the body could use up 1000 mg.'s per hour of calcium gluconate
(the lowest-energy calcium). He maintained that calcium deposits are not from
too much calcium, they are from an imbalance of calciums, causing one type to
be unassimilated because of a deficiency of the other type. The analogy to
demonstrate this looks like this: If you take a cup of vinegar and a cup of
baking soda and dump them together in a bowl, you will get a large release of
energy from them, right? What about a cup of vinegar and a teaspoon of baking
soda? Not much energy released, is there? That's because of the unbalanced
ratio between the two substances. Reams said that we do not live off the food
we eat, we live off the energy from the food we eat. The body extracts energy
from the foods we eat by the interaction of the minerals in the food with the
digestive acids and enzymes in our stomach and digestive organs. Literally, the
energy is extracted by the resistance between the two subst!
ances. When the pH is too acid, it means that all the minerals and vitamins
which need an alkaline medium to be extracted will not be efficiently
extracted. Vice-versa for those nutrients that need an acid medium, if our pH
is too alkaline. In reality, all nutrients are best assimilated in a balanced
pH.

Reams maintained that pH is an expression of one's calcium condition, not diet
(acid or alkaline-forming foods), with one exception: The more DEmineralized a
person was (including and especially calcium), the more their pH's (and the
rest of their numbers) would fluctuate. Reams said that the body uses more
calcium in volume than all other nutrients combined. I have had clients whose
pH would be alkaline in the morning and acid at night, UNTIL they had been on a
REmineralization program for awhile. Then their pH's stayed the same, whatever
they ate.

Reams said that the pH (especially the urine pH) represented the average pH for
the day, even though it was measured in the morning. This could not be true if
pH was determined by food, since one might eat differently each day, and
differently throughout the day. Again, there is an exception: If a person's
body is demineralized (the case with most people), their pH will be effected by
eating acid or alkaline foods, but this will not be an accurate pH reading (it
will not tell me what it's supposed to tell me, i.e., the state of the body's
calciums). That is why repeated testing every day for awhile (even several
times a day) will determine whether a person's pH is consistently acid or
alkaline, or is fluctuating because of demineralization. If it is fluctuating,
I recommend the client start a remineralization program and take a neutral pH
calcium. Once people remineralize their bodies, they find themselves with a
consistent pH of 6.3 - 6.5 without having to fiddle with either !
their diet or their calciums.

One of the things I liked about Carey Reams was that he simplified the process
of regaining one's health by approaching it in a scientific, sensible way.

The bottom line is this: We are MADE of minerals. We are not made of vitamins
or enzymes or hormones, we are made of minerals. I think that nearly everybody
knows that we are 80% water. I weigh 175 lbs., so if all the water in me was
removed, there would be about 35 lbs. of powder left. What would this powder
consist of? Minerals. Of those minerals, 70% of that would be calciums. So you
are basically made of calcium and water. I liken the body to a brick wall. The
wall is made up of bricks and the mortar that holds the bricks together. In
this case, the bricks represent calciums, and the mortar is all the rest of the
minerals. Obviously, if the bricks in a wall are crumbling, the wall won't be
very strong. But equally obvious is that, if the mortar is dissolving from
between the bricks, the wall won't last long, either.

I think nearly everyone also knows that the foods we buy in the store don't
have much nutrition in them, because of what has been done to the soil by
commercial farming. U.S. Senate Report #264 (available from a dozen or more Web
pages selling Colloidal Minerals) declares the mineral-poor soil condition in
North America as reaching a consequential level. This is even more significant
when you consider that this report was published in 1936. So, you not only
cannot remineralize your body by eating "good" foods, you cannot even maintain
pre-existing good health, even if you already had it.

Every day our bodies use up a certain amount of minerals just to function, yet
we are not fully replacing those minerals with the foods we eat. It's a bit
like a checking account I once had, where if I wrote a check for more than the
money that was in the checking account, it would automatically dip into the
money in my savings account. They called it Overdraft Protection. But we have
all been doing this same thing all our lives with our Metabolic Bank Accounts.
Every day that you deposit less into your account than the checks you write
that day, you dip into your savings account, which in this case means what
Reams called your Mineral Reserve. When I do not give my body the minerals it
needs that day, my body steals them from somewhere else in my body. So, if my
chemistry has become unbalanced in one particular way, my body will steal
minerals from my joints, and I will end up with arthritis, bursitis,
fibromyalgia, etc. Or, if my body has a chemistry imbalance of another kin!
d, my body will leach minerals from the linings of my arteries, and I will
contract heart disease.

As we grow older, our savings accounts get so low that there is not enough for
our bodies to use to respond to emergencies. Then we end up with statistics
like this: Of people over 65 years of age who fall down and break an arm or
leg, 70% don't live 90 days. They don't have enough in their reserve accounts
to cope with the trauma. Everybody's heard of the senior citizen who was in an
auto accident, had no obvious injuries, but died a short time later anyway.
They just didn't have enough in their reserve to cope with the trauma of even a
bad scare. (My grandmother, at 94, stumbled and sat down hard on the cement
porch steps. She didn't break anything, didn't hit her head, wasn't
unconscious. She was dead within six weeks.) So we need to be making deposits
into our Metabolic Bank Accounts which are not only enough to cover our days'
checks, but provide extra to rebuild our low reserves.

When you get into the field of health and nutrition, you are overwhelmed with
information. Every time you pick up a magazine, you will see an article telling
you how important it is to take this herb, or that amino acid, or how effective
various therapies are for treating various health issues (reflexology,
colonics, accupuncture, liver-cleansing, dry brush massage, fasting, colostrum,
homeopathy, Rife Beam Therapy, Magnetic Pulser, Blood Electrification, etc.).
It seems very complicated and confusing.

I believe in the efficacy of all these therapeutic models, but they are all
just that: Therapeutic Models. A therapy is something that causes your body to
kick into a different and more efficient healing gear, something that causes
the body to heal itself more effectively. But therapies don't address the
problem of an empty bank account. Therapies don't refill our mineral reserves.
I know that many of the therapeutic substances contain valuable nutrients, and
many of them respond to specific deficiencies (like colloidal silver does). But
we are made of the whole range of minerals, and our bodies use the whole range
of vitamins, etc., to best utilize those minerals. Dr. Reams generally opposed
taking individual nutrients (B1, B6, etc.), because he said that vitamins and
minerals occurred in nature in groups, or complexes, and also was utilized in
our bodies most efficiently in those complexes. In fact, taking therapeutic
substances that trigger our bodies to heal more efficient!
ly can actually increase our need for those brick-and-mortar nutrients of which
we are made. Remineralization is essential before trying to initiate
significant healing (although during remineralization, the body usually
commences healing actions using the minerals that are being provided).

So the need for supplementation is essential. The next question is: Where do I
find high-quality supplements that will cover all my days' checks and build up
my reserve account? Obviously, every supplement company claims theirs is the
best. What standard do we use to differentiate high-quality from poor-quality?

Well, I think most holistic or naturalistic-oriented practitioners would agree
on this next point: If you were deficient in iron, you wouldn't expect that
sucking on an iron nail all day would help, would you? The reason for this, of
course, is because the iron nail won't dissolve in your mouth (or be
assimilated inside your body). How about if you ground the nail up into tiny
pieces? Again, this would not help because you would, in effect, only have
millions of tiny iron nails, which still would not dissolve or be assimilated,
in your body. The reason for this is because the iron nail is made of metallic
iron, just like digging a chunk of iron ore out of the ground. But I once read
a letter-to-the-editor in Mother Earth magazine in which a man had iron-poor
soil in his garden. So he pounded iron nails into the ground in his garden. By
the next year, the nails had all dissolved into the ground, and his vegetables
tested high in iron. The plants had taken the metallic iron from!
 the ground and converted it to organic iron, meaning a form of iron useable by
an organism. So we recognize that the best source for minerals is a plant
source.

But then we have the already mentioned problem of the plants in North America
being mineral-poor. It would be nice if we could harvest the plants that grew a
long time ago that were high in minerals, before man stripped the soil (a kind
of nutritional time-travel). And so we can. There are deposits of very old
plants (actually buried prehistoric forests) which have been found in Arizona,
Nevada and Utah (there may be more, but these are the ones I've heard of). If
you believe in the Carbon-14 dating techniques used by geologists, these
deposits are 75-120 million years old. They are called humic shale or
pre-lignitic coal (ancient plants which have not yet turned into coal, thereby
still containing their original minerals). Depending on the source, and even
what part of the source, these old plant deposits contain 65-77 minerals, all
organic, meaning converted by a plant to a state useable by an organism.

At this point the topic of Colloidal Minerals will arise. Lots of opinions,
lots of claims. Let's start with the basics: Colloidal is defined in the
scientific world to refer to particles of a substance which are so small they
are suspended in a liquid medium without floating to the top or sinking to the
bottom, yet are not absorbed into the liquid (like you would have in a
solution), but stay separate from it. Still with me? Dr. Reams insisted that
colloidal minerals were what the body needed (this in 1939), that the
assimilation rate for metallic, non-colloidal minerals was so much lower as to
make them nearly valueless.

Now, one might think that you could grind up minerals into a fine powder and
put them in water and call them "colloidal" (as some companies do), except for
three things. One, grinding up metallic minerals would only get you millions of
tiny "nails"; two, they would not be organic; and three, you could not actually
grind them into particles anywhere near as small as the particles you find in
plant-source colloidal minerals. The minerals found in plants are not ground up
by the plants, but taken apart molecule by molecule. (All plant-source minerals
are colloidal. Since all plants contain a liquid medium, they can't be anything
else.) The value of the mineral particles being so small is in the ease of
their assimilation, among other things.

The next topic that will arise when you begin researching Colloidal Minerals is
Ionic. (Specifically, an ion is a molecule with a positive or negative charge.)
You will see colloidal minerals being advertised as Ionic, Colloidal Minerals.
The word Ionic, as used by these advertisers, refers to the mineral particles
having the same charge (positive or negative). The significance of this is
that, if the minerals that are suspended in a liquid all have the same charge,
they will repel and stay separate from each other (like the south poles of two
magnets repelling each other). We see this same phenomenon in the making of
colloidal silver. When some of the silver particles in the water begin to lose
or change their charge, they aggregate, or clump together (become attracted to
each other). In the same way, we are told, that the silver particles become
less assimilable as they become larger, so would the mineral particles.

I have some reservations about this idea. For one thing, nearly all of the
colloidal mineral liquids that are sold are flavored (the minerals themselves
tend to be very bitter). If you wanted the minerals (or silver) to stay ionized
(separated by their identical charge) you could not mix them with anything that
was not also same-charge ionized, or the mineral particles (or silver) would
aggregate to what you added (lemon juice, sugar, honey, etc.), supposedly
making them less assimilable. But this pre-supposes that particle size is of
major significance. Dr. Reams called his urine/saliva testing to determine
biochemical imbalances "Biological Ionization". He explained that the whole
process of digestion and assimilation occurs on the molecular level. We tend to
think of the food we eat as dissolving in our stomachs (which would show the
importance of adequate chewing). But, in reality, the reason to chew our food
adequately is to expose as much surface area of the food as poss!
ible to the digestive acids and enzymes which extract the minerals and vitamins
using an interaction process similar to the vinegar / baking soda analogy I
described earlier. Literally, when the digestive acids and enzymes in our
bodies do not have the right molecular frequency, it's kind of like having too
much vinegar and not enough baking soda, and efficient digestion will not
occur. The molecular frequency is what determines whether something is acidic
or alkaline (in reality, we're concerned with cationic and anionic, but that's
another discussion), how much energy is contained in that substance, and how
efficiently it will be assimilated and utilized. Going back to the
particle-size concept (too big means less assimilable), efficient digestion and
assimilation is the de-ionization of the foods that we eat, meaning that the
body takes the food apart literally ion by ion. If this were not so, we would
not be able to digest any food, because we certainly do not chew our foo!
d into ion-sized particles. No, our bodies remove the minerals from our food
molecule by molecule, assign them the appropriate charge, and assimilate them
into the body's cells in an ionic form (here I mean taken completely apart, and
a specific charge added to each particle). It's not actually possible to have
colloidal minerals that are not also ionic, because being ionic (having the
same charge and repelling each other) is what even makes the colloidal state
possible. In a sense, plant-source minerals are already partially digested by
the plant they are in, and are therefore more assimilable by our bodies.

I realize some of the Colloidal Mineral companies make a distinction between
ions with a positive and a negative charge, claiming that the body's cells only
assimilate negative-charged ions. But once, when I was in one of Eugene Reams'
classes (Dr. Carey Reams' son), and he was talking about the importance of
cleaning out the colon, I asked him how that could be done. He said, "Psyllium
seed". I was thinking of the importance of fiber, and I said, "Why Psyllium
seed?" (I thought to myself, 'Wheat bran is a lot cheaper'.) He said, "Because
it has a positive charge". He went on to explain that as the Psyllium seeds
passed through the colon, they would attract and remove the negative-charged
fecal matter from the walls of the colon. I have difficulty with the simplistic
idea that all "good" minerals from all foods are negatively charged, that the
only assimilable minerals are negatively charged. Dr. Reams taught that, when a
person's chemistry is balanced, the digestive process a!
dds the appropriate charge to each molecule, to be utilized as the body needs.

Let me now return to the pre-historic plant deposits found in Arizona, Nevada
and Utah. I had known for years from Dr. Reams that we all needed to
remineralize our bodies (cover our checks and refill our reserves), and that we
needed colloidal, plant-source minerals. After moving from California to Nova
Scotia, Canada, I got on the net and researched companies that sold Colloidal
Minerals. I found a dozen or more companies purporting to sell "Colloidal
Minerals", and some which sold "Ionic, Colloidal Minerals".  I ordered from 3
of them, asked numerous questions of all of them. I personally drank 18 bottles
 (up to 6 oz. per day) of the stuff sold by Nature's Rx (I bought it on sale)
without noticing any change whatsoever in anything in my health. I might as
well have been drinking plain lemon-aid, which is probably what I was doing. I
also went through a bottle of ConcenTrace, which is minerals from the Great
Salt Lake in Utah. I was cautioned by a ConcenTrace rep not to take!
 more than the recommended dose, that it would cause diarrhea. I bought a third
colloidal mineral drink made by Now! Health Foods, drank it generously, but
noticed nothing.

Then I found a company called New Vision International (www.nviworld.com in the
U.S., www.nviworld-canada.com in Canada). They, too, have a colloidal mineral
drink containing 65 plant-source minerals. But they go a step further than the
rest. They have a supplement which is 14 fruits juiced, the water removed and
the powder put into capsules; another supplement which is 19 vegetables the
same. The company that grows these fruits and vegetables is called Bio-Flora.
They grow all these fruits and vegetables themselves, exclusively for NVI, they
don't buy them from anyone, they grow them "organically" (no pesticides, etc.)
and they fertilize them with these 65 plant-source minerals. In the U.S., they
are called Fruit Power and Veggie Power caps (the drink is called Essential
Minerals), and in Canada AM and PM caps (the drink is called Liquid Essence).
My clients who take all three report results which are difficult to believe. I
have two pharmacists and a medical doctor who are !
my clients. The doctor delivered our 3rd child, and we (my wife and I) liked
this doctor a lot. Not too long after our child was born she got sick
(pneumonia) and had to take a sabbatical from her practice. Then she came back,
but later contracted pneumonia again, and almost died. Before she had fully
recovered from that, she came down again with pneumonia, almost died, and the
doctors started talking tuberculosis. She had to close her practice. Later she
recovered enough to work, and was employed as a doctor at a nearby military
base. However, she couldn't drive herself to work, because she would fall
asleep at the wheel. At work she would sleep between patients, sleep during
lunch and after work come home and go right to bed (it appears she had a form
of narcolepsy). Then she started taking the NVI products. Today, a year later,
she is six months pregnant, nursing an 8-month old, working full-time as a
doctor at the military base, and when she gets home from work she wants t!
o play tennis! At midnight she tells herself she ought to go to bed, but she
doesn't feel like it. She tells me she has virtually unlimited energy. Should
you want to talk to her, her name is Dr. Andrea Barry, and her number is
1-800-440-0443 (after 1:00 P.M. Atlantic Standard Time).

All of this that I'm telling you is to illustrate the dramatic effects of
giving your body all the minerals it needs. Dr. Reams maintained that all
disease is the result of demineralization. He insisted that, if your chemistry
was balanced, everyone around you could be dropping like flies from Bubonic
Plague and it would not touch you.

Dr. Reams raised six children to adulthood, and none of them ever had a cold,
ever had a cavity, ever missed a day of school in their lives. During WW2,
Reams drove over a land mine and was severely injured (including his liver and
kidneys) and was not expected to live more than a few days, but by constantly
adjusting his chemistry and giving his body all that it needed, he lived until
his late 80's.

One other of my clients is a pharmacist (now nutritionally oriented). She has
had a total body rash for the last nine years that would not respond to any
treatment from medicine, homeopathy or naturopathy. I tested her and told her
what calciums she needed, plus the mineral drink and the fruit and veggie caps.
Within 3 days her rash started to disappear, she found herself jumping out of
bed at 5:30 A.M. because she couldn't stay in bed (lots of energy), the bags
under her eyes are almost gone, she also doesn't feel like going to bed when
it's only midnight, and she's just plain happier now than ever. She has also
found that, without paying any attention to it, her cigarette consumption has
dropped to half what it was (and falling). Her name is Maria Hagen, her work
number is 902-584-3366 (9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M., Monday & Tuesday, Thursday -
Saturday, Atlantic Standard Time).

Though I have been testing people for 15 years, I have never seen my clients
respond to any other line of supplements like this. Other of my clients are a
woman with totally unresponsive Candida who offered to hug me after a week on
the products, two diabetics who no longer need insulin (Dr. Barry is overseeing
them), high blood pressure and high cholesterol which have returned to normal
(actually, Dr. Barry's husband) and arthritis which has nearly gone.

What's in it for me?

Yes, NVI markets their products using Network Marketing, and yes, I am
interested in sponsoring distributors. But the nice thing about NVI is that you
can sign up (for no cost) as a Preferred Customer, have whatever you want
automatically shipped to you each month (if you want to purchase that way), and
pay no attention to the MLM part of it. On the other hand, it only costs US$10
to become a distributor ($15 in Canada), and that saves you $3.00 per bottle,
with no minimum required order, or penalty if you don't order.

There, I've made my pitch. I'm done with that part, unless you have questions
about it, which you should certainly email me privately at: tw...@yahoo.com

Question: I was in Theron Randolph's (the granddad of food allergy testing)
unit for a month many years ago. I was just about a universal reactor. I'm not
sure I want to get into this right now. I have had blood tests and vega tests
for food allergies in the past few years that all give a different story. Some
say I have almost no allergies. Some say I have a lot of allergies. Too many
buttons for me right now, if that's okay. I think I'll stick to working on pH
at the moment. This is just great, Terry. I had read about Reams work with
calcium and pH some time ago, but it seemed so complicated... I will order the
pH tape tomorrow. Thank you.

Answer: The nice thing about pulse testing [more detail about this in the next
attachment] is that you can do it a little at a time, one food at a time, it
costs nothing, and you can experiment with it all you want (there are no
risks). It's possible to have varying results because, with food sensitivities,
you are not always consistently reactive to every food. I am sensitive to
certain foods (or substances) depending on how recently, how much, how often
and how close together I ate them (or was exposed to the substance). I tested
reactive to three-quarters of the scratch and sniff tests, but if I avoid the
foods I am sensitive to, I react to hardly any of the dusts and pollens. (My
clients have had the same experience.) I can eat a small amount of chocolate
about once per week (if I haven't also been recently eating, say, peanuts). But
if I eat chocolate two or three days in a row, I will react unpleasantly.

I very well may have tried to cover too much in one sitting, but feel free to
ask me questions. You may also call me should you desire at: 902-584-3810
Atlantic Standard Time.