----- Original Message -----
From: <jein...@cswnet.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, 12 August 1999 10:37
Subject: Re: CS>Reams lit & info

Hi Jim,
Thanks for your reply.
Still some things do not compute :-)
I'll put my understanding of these points... tell me what you
think.

>>snip<<

> Above you say the body strives to maintain a pH of 7.4, don't
you
> mean the body strives to maintain a blood pH of 7.4???
> When we say a body pH of 6.4, we are talking BODY, not blood,
> and I know there are other pH's in the body that are supposted
to be
> different.

The pH of extracellular fluid is always close to the pH of the
blood.
The intracellular fluid ranges from  pH7.0 - 7.2
A pH of 6.4 is outside the range conducive to human life.
Urine pH is usually acid in the morning and can change during the
day. This is due to the kidney's regulation of blood pH, i.e. the
removal of the acid byproducts of metabolism and the ingestion of
food both acidic and alkaline.

> > There are indications that adjusting low pH with potassium or
> > sodium will provide better outcomes, as these are the main
water
> > soluble alkaline minerals, and they have a high enough charge
> > displace calcium from solid deposits, render the deposits
water
> > soluble and make the resultant calcium ions available for
proper
> > use. There have also been studies which show that calcium
> > supplementation can do more harm than good, which is not to
say
> > that the various forms of calcium as applied by the Reams
> > discipline do so. Many (most?) people are deficient in
magnesium
> > which also has a major role in calcium utilisation and
> > neurological function.
> >
> Where ever did you get the idea that sodium was a better way to
> adjust a low pH??? Most people I test are loaded with salts,
and yet
> most of them have a low pH! I don't suggest my clients use any
salt
> if possible, and only then if they just can't live without it.
Of course,
> you may be talking about some other form of sodium than sodium
> chloride. As for potassium, some people need it and some don't.
> The test will tell. Yes, many people are deficient in
magnesium,
> which I use to lower the ureas in the system and take stress
off the
> heart.

Sodium, potassium, calcium, clorine are required for cellular pH
regulation etc. If one wished to raise blood pH sodium
bicarbonate, potassium bicarbonate, or hydroxides would do. Not
much point in using a salt to alter pH unless its a citrate.

>>snip<<

Regards - Ivan