you could try this report:

www.drstevensilverman.com/images/RestlessLegSyndrome.pdf

or this:
www.emedicinehealth.com/restless_legs_syndrome/page2_em.htm

which says that it can be due to kidney failure allowing toxins to build up.

If a person does not have organ problems, but instead has a build up of toxins from other sources, it seems reasonable to me that it could be from a biotoxin illness such as Lymes, fungal infection, indoor mold exposure, etc. Another source remarks on heavy metal build up, too.

So doing some detective work to discover the hidden causes of toxin build up might be helpful.

In my case, I had some mild rls which was due to biotoxins. Resolving the biotoxin problem resolved the leg symptoms.

Best Wishes,   Kathryn