Dennis,
I don't know if your email was to Ivan or to me. The subject line was
from my email to the list, but you started it off with the name,
"Ivan". Anyway, an elctronic pH meter is fine. It's actually more
accurate (in my opinion) than pH paper, but you can get by with the
paper. Carey Reams used a meter, and he used pH testing chemicals. Pike
Labs in Maine sells them (Reams bought his equipment from Pike). I use
pH testing chemicals which I bought from Pike Labs.

The issue of alkaline water would be a concern to me bacause I don't
know what is used to make the water alkaline, whether it's an
assimilable calcium or something else. You could just drink baking soda
in water if you want to make your pH alkaline, but the goal, according
to Dr. Reams, is to have a balanced pH, neither acid nor alkaline. It
is commonly held in the holistic community that it's healthier to have
a slightly alkaline pH - supposedly from eating alkaline pH foods. Dr.
Reams strongly differed with that idea because he insisted that, #1,
human biological pH should be 6.4 to be balanced, which is acid in the
laboratory (pH ranging from 0-14), and, #2, healthy pH is determined by
the body's calcium reserves. An acid urine/saliva pH would indicate a
deficiency of alkaline calciums. I would be happy to discuss this whole
thing further with you, if you desire, on my private email:
tw...@yahoo.com
Terry Wayne