Last time I couldn't hear well and knew my ear canal must be blocked, instead
of paying big money to the doc, I heated coconut oil, dropped that into my ear,
then after a few minutes I flushed the ear with warmed CS.  It worked great and
with no pain later (which I have after the doctor probes and pulls).  I've
never had any oil of oregano.....sounds like that's something I should keep
around for "just in case."

One day my ear felt wet, like fluid draining out.  I have no idea where that
could have come from.  I don't think I had fluid in the middle ear, and can it
drain out like that if you did?  Probably water got in and stayed in a bubble
behind some wax for a few hours.

I agree, that if one wears a hearing aid, to clean it before inserting each
time.  I put drops of Swim-Ear on my ear plug every time I use it.  Think I'll
switch to CS, better for me.  I guess I just avoided using CS in the ear
because it seems like it would leave water in and it isn't drying.

                         Pat