Rife resonance is probably more like breaking crystal glasses with an opera singers voice..an actual physical oscillation.
 There, frequency would be very important.

If the Zappers are actually working by producing acid and alkaline products in the blood, then frequency wouldn't be 'critical', but could be a useful control over where, when and how much. I would think that Becks 4Hz [ as a polarity swap ] would be too fast to be as effective as DC or the slower polarity change, as it takes some time for electro-chemical reactions to get started and concentrations to build up..especially when the voltage is low. In that case, it would seem that neither the acid or base would have time to get away from each other and would neutralize each other near the electrodes quite fast, going nowhere. 4 Hz as a DC **pulse** might give an area a break so concentrations can be dissipated over the off time and wouldn't burn you.

Idea:
 I think I can make the PocketPuppy do 3 things with one added switch.
 DC out
DC pulse, 3 minutes on, 3 off. [can be made adjustable, but prolly no good reason to]
and slow AC at one polarity change every 3 minutes
And current adjustable between a very mild .5 and a finger wiggler 20 milliamps

.all suitable for making CS too, when set at 1 mill.

Ode