Not the same thing...different "atomic" structure.

Heavy water is <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_%28molecule%29>water that contains a higher proportion than normal of the <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotope>isotope <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deuterium>deuterium, as deuterium oxide, D2O or ²H2O, or as deuterium protium oxide, HDO or ¹H²HO.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_water#cite_note-0>[1] Its physical and chemical properties are somewhat similar to those of <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_%28molecule%29>water, H2O

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_water

veddy interestink stuff...

Ode