I believe the point is that most shelters will say they DO kill animals. They deeply regret it, but they do simply because there are too many people breeding unwanted "cute" kittens and puppies. There are a few "no kill" shelters, but they are very underfunded. PETA takes a different stand. Nowhere do I see PETA saying they will kill animals if they can't find homes for them. Gayla Roberts, who just took in 3 more unwanted cats that were going to be killed ----- Original Message ----- From: "Indi" <indi.sha...@gmail.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2009 12:06 PM
Subject: Re: CS>humane?

Ah, but do you have statistics for any other animal shelters, or is this
just more picking on PETA? Because you know, most shelters have really high
kill rates due to the lack of qualified people willing to adopt pets.
Perhaps you should report the *whole* story, rather than just the
sensationalist bits designed to manipulate people's emotions.

--
indi