Have you tried any ayurvedic herbs? They seem to help when nothing else
will.  Jess
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Pat [mailto:pattycake29...@yahoo.com]
  Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 9:34 PM
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Subject: Re: CS>Getting weaned off Tramadol

  Sheesh, I just took my first 1/2 Tramadol.  Absolutely had to have
something.  Quit the oxycodone and hydrocodone a couple weeks ago after
anxiety and depression, but Aleve and Tylenol just didn't do much for the
pain I'm still having at night 8 weeks after partial knee replacement
surgery.  I don't take anything during the day except my usual 200 mg.
Celebrex which I haven't been able to do without.  I took Ambien to help me
sleep four nights and knew that couldn't go on, so last night I tried
Benadryl which is the sleep ingredient in Tylenol PM.  It didn't do a thing,
even though in normal times it knocks me out.  I slept two hours in all
during the night (three more later in the a.m.)  Had my checkup today and
the doctor said everything looked great.  He said that I might be more
sensitive than many, but that it's not a bad thing since the more sensitive
ones achieve the perfect range of motion that some never achieve.  I now
have great range of motion, but HAVE to get some sleep!  I've tried all
these natural things that are said to help and nothing has.  Lemon balm,
L-theanine, fish oil, bromelain, curcumin, magnesium, etc.  And forget SAMe!
It seemed just like an SSRI antidepressent and had the same tooth grinding
and insomnia-causing traits.