Charles King wrote:

Thanks much for the response!

> >I made the first batch of CS today, I think.  I am including the
> >following for your comments.  Thanks much.
>
> Personally, I think I'd run the time up 'till I saw 2 ma. Probly about
> 45 min to an hour.

I just re-started the experiment and am checking it at 10 minute
intervals.

> Just so you know the size of the ballpark, why don't you make some
> "bad" CS ? Use tap water, the run will be only about 5 min max.
> Use distilled water with a tiny pinch of salt.
> Use distilled water and run it for a couple of hours.
> You'll get a good feel for what you're trying to avoid.
> BTW, all of these runs will give you stuff good for household uses.

Appreciate the pointers here, I am a little leary about the "making
medicine" thing when I don't know what I am doing.  Yet :-).

I've avoided the salt since I am not trying to make silver chloride :-),
athought I have seen various schools of thought that say this is OK for
"a short time".

I try these over the next day or two to see what happens.  Some
additional instrumentation is something I can see in the very near
future.

One question, what would you consider "household uses" ?

> "Nothing says quality like wrinkle free duct tape"

I love it :-), I'm also a fan of Red Green :-).

Thanks & take care, Vikki.
--
Victoria Welch, WV9K, DoD#-13, Net/Sys/WebAdmin SeaStar.org,
vikki.oz.net