Hello Ivan, Robert and all,

Ivan Anderson wrote:

> Robert,
> If I may make some comments...

Short of responding individually, your comments seem very considered and
(in this day and age) make good sense.

This is not intended to be offensive to anyone, just a quest of
understanding from someone who is *admittedly* new to making / using /
understanding the intricacies of the process and application with a
sincere desire to help both my friend and quite possibly myself.  If
this seems ignorant, it most likely is, but as it has been said by those
wiser than I: "Ignorance can be cured by education, stupidity is
terminal".  Please educate me!  And thanks in advance.

As a rank newbie to this list / CS I have a few thoughts / questions.
If I am really off base with them, please help me understand.
Admittedly I am confused.

I am not wedded to the conventional medical establishment by ANY means,
I've seen too much of the heartbreak and misery that they, IMO, too
frequently propigate.  Contrary to what the AMA and FDA seem to think, I
feel that people are a lot more in touch with themselves than, perhaps,
any "Doctor", if for no other reason, we live in these bodies 24/7.  I
also feel that there is a wide body of knowledge that is ignored /
suppressed simply because there is no "profit margin" to them.

That said, I will continue :-).  As for "scientific method", it is the
only way I can think of to get consistancy in a process.  However,
unlike conventional MDs / the FDA / whomever, I will consider that,
perhaps, things like Phase-of-Moon, faith, state of mind and wishing DO
INDEED have an outcome on things that the conventional medical
establishment would laugh at me and pity me for my "ignorance".

I will try to control whatever part of the process I can.  Perhaps I do
not understand it all and perhaps we are not starved for all the things
that used to come from our soils that have now been absent for so long,
thus creating many of the "health problems" that we face today.  I am
forced to survive and research these things to the best of my ability /
understanding in the process.  I seriously doubt that this kind of
research would be encouraged should I go to college and try to pursue
it, might even be actively suppressed.

What I can do is try to make this work in some what consistantly or at
least have *some* consistant factor I can point to as having some
merit.  If "shooting in the dark" helps with {ailment of choice}, what
would proper dosage do?  If nothing else I could communicate it to
someone else.

Per suggestions I have gotten from the members of this list, I re-worked
my first experiment and adjusted accordingly.  Basically I extended what
I had done by an hour to get a current flow of 2ma.  The solution still
appears clear, the electrodes were considerably more tarnished, it seems
to have a metalic aftertaste.  As I recall, attaching an ohm meter to
the probes seem to give me a resistance if around 420 ohms in the
finished product.  Shining a flashlight through it is inconclusive.
Shining a laser through it shows a path through the solution where it
does not in a duplicate container of raw distilled water placed next to
it (I think this is the "Tyndall" effect.)

So what do I have?  Something useful?  Something effective?  Probably is
my answer and feeling about those.  Other questions are do I have
something toxic?  I doubt it, I had a couple of slugs of it last night
(maybe 4 oz) while doing the taste tests and I am still alive and do not
feel noticibly better or worse this morning :-). Did I waste my time and
resources?  Probably not, but I have no metric that will confirm or deny
it.  If hope and trust is a factor, I may well have something that might
be helpful, whatever it might be.  If I follow the only metric I have
found so far (1PPM/min) what I have should be around 80 PPM.

I've asked about a FAQ here, so far no responses.  I *have* received
much encouragement from the good folks on this list and a lot of
unrelated suggestions.  I do not denigrate those in any way, but find it
a little strange that there is no FAQ that might answer the many
questions I have.

I have also found very little information (out on the net anyway) that
would lead me to build a generator of my own, even as simple as it is.
From what information I was able to find - one person I found while
researching on the net, described how to build a unit and with some
knowledge of electronics, I was able to put what I am using together.

I've found MANY people selling these units.  I have no problem with that
for a lot of reasons.  At one time, even the most basic unit would have
been beyond both my knowledge and abilites to construct and there is a
need to be able to get these units into peoples hands at low cost.
Still there are people to whom $60 (whatever) is a fantastic amount of
money, who could / might be able to construct one or find someone who
was willing to.  Interesting to note that since I last looked into this
(two - three years now?) plans out there as well as any directions have
severely decreased.  I don't know for sure if they actually have or it
is just that the search engines are getting progressively less effective
in finding them.  Another possibility that occured to me is that this
whole area could just be "lawyer food" and people are not really willing
to invoke that problem (in the USA anyway).

But I have digressed from the point I was trying to make.  It seems to
*me* that if CS is actually effective for as long as it has been around,
the information available on it would be more cohesive.  I see this as a
"medicine" ultimately and as such there should be some guidelines at
this point in time to guide dosage for various things.  If nothing more
than: "This is how I did it and these are the results I obtained (your
milage may vary)."  I realize that there are variations in the process
and not everyone can afford a sophisticated analysis lab, but there
should seem to be some information, as in a FAQ, that would guide rank
newbies.

Exposure to my government, the AMA and the FDA makes me *personally* a
little leary of accepting things on blind faith.

Again, freely admitting that I *am a rank newbie* to this and most
likely do not know a lot of things, specifically including where to find
information on the subject.  If I had the time and resources personally
I am sure I could track down books long ago published on the subject and
find something, but it would suprise me if, at this late date with CS,
that this already has not been done by someone.

Please enlighten me!

Thanks & take care, Vikki.
--
Victoria Welch, WV9K, DoD#-13, Net/Sys/WebAdmin SeaStar.org,
vikki.oz.net