I thought your one sentence answer was kind of funny as normally you are more voluble than that. :-)

That being said, There are always ways to pick apart any study- but I thought the most important part is to look at the parameters of the study, see how it was conducted, and what results are being reported. If one wanted to check the lab accuracy, it is only necessary to ask them the error parameters of the routines in question- if they still remember how it was done. Every single study I had to do, also had to have an error rating at the end of it- (plus or minus this many data points, is that statistically significant, or not?).

I thought maybe his reason for doing it under silver loading conditions was to test a more worst case scenario- as one who had been taking small amounts of eis would be eliminating it all along and might not have enough to measure? Besides, if a person has a fairly normal metal elimination process (and that might be a good assumption for most people) argyria ought not to be a concern unless using large amounts of it.

Interesting point you make about silver chloride remaining intact in the bloodstream- I did not infer that from any part of the report- and do not see where you get it directly.

I still do not agree with you and Marshall about the silver chloride - sure, it is reasonable to assume that SOME of the eis will bond that way, but certainly one cannot make the case that hydrochloric acid is the only mechanism for digestion in the stomach- there are many other complex chemical interactions that surely occur in that stew- there are enzymes, proteins, etc etc. Just swishing eis around in the mouth probably binds it to many different compounds in the saliva.

It looks to me that he was measuring how silver gets excreted in his body, under normal conditions. I like it, it seems a very valuable study to me. If it differs from other studies, than examining each one for how the person got argyria in the first place seems important to me- like, a laboratory accident with powdered silver (ie at kodak), or using Rx silver nitrate, or silver chloride, or making eis with tap water. Also using a chelator to remove metals is not the same as what he looked at. Just thinking here.

Kathryn