A very useful description and schematic of the microwave circuitry called:

"The Microwave Oven Voltage-Doubler Circuit Used in the High Voltage
Circuits of Commercial & Residential Microwave Ovens "

is shown at:

<http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/doubler.html>

This is very useful to insure that you know what is going on if you
are using the converted microwave oven for CS making.

My impression is that, unlike the high voltage capacitor in the TV,
the capacitor in the microwave usually has a bleeder resistor of some
sort in parallel so that it will discharge over a (relatively) short
period of time.  Also, as long as the circuit has continuity, and the
electrodes are in the water cell, it should bleed off across the cell
as well.

Still, be cautious.  If you don't know something about electricity,
definitely don't do this.

Dan