You would only need to add it under certain circumstances, Lisa, and that would not be to the main bulk of your CS, only to some of it. CS is fine in most circumstances on its own, but sometimes adding DMSO which is a solvent, takes the CS deeper into the tissues, should there be a need. It is dimethylsulphoxide. dee