    *From:* zoe w <mailto:mtnwalke...@yahoo.co.uk>
    *To:* silver-list@eskimo.com <mailto:silver-list@eskimo.com>
    *Sent:* Wednesday, September 30, 2009 5:27 AM
    *Subject:* Re: CS>OT boron and borax

    Borax  does kill the fleas  but not the eggs  which is why you
    have to do it again  in a few days.     Twice was all I needed to
    get permanent riddance.

    zoe

    Kirsteen Wright wrote:

         I've also heard it's good for fleas? Is it? i"ve tried
        Everything..diatomaceous earth works some but not very fast
        and i am allergic to them.

    I don't know about that but the herb pennyroyal works great for
    fleas. I don't think it kills them but they hate it so if you
    manage to get rid of them, it keeps them away. We used to
    regularly get flleas until i discovered it, as the cats would
    bring them in. After that, I always spread some dried pennyroyal
    on the mattressess under the sheets and this kept the beds free.
    I'd also sprinkle some on the floors and then sweep it into the
    cracks in the floorboards (we had varnished floors).

    I'd then rub the herb over myself and take the cat outside and
    rub pennyroyal through it's coat. The cat didn't mind but you
could literally see clouds of fleas leaping off it.
    good luck
    Kirsteen