I was unable to find sodium citrate locally, so I did make my own. Turned out to be very easy.

1. Put one level tablespoon of baking soda and citric acid powder each in an 8 to 12 ounce glass 2. Add about 2 ounces of water (1/4 full for the 8 oz glass). (if you put more than this it might foam over) 3. let foam until it diminishes, then stir. Continue sititing until foaming diminishes
4. add another 2 oz of water, that is make an 8 oz glass half full.
5. stir until foaming stops.

You should have near 100% sodium citrate, with a little citric acid left over. The water should be crystal clear. If you taste it it should have a slightly sour taste. If you take the pH it should be about 6.5 to 6.8 or so. Now add a little baking soda ( 1/4 teaspoon) and stir until foaming stops. Continue this until no foaming occurs after adding the soda. (this occurred on the 3rd addition for me) If you taste it it should taste salty, but not sour or bitter. If you test the pH it should measure between 7.0 and 7.2.

You should have about 1 1/2 tablespoons of sodium citrate now. To alkalize the water, I have been putting one ounce of this solution into a gallon of water, actually putting the full amount into my 5 gallon container. If you taste the water after it is added, you can detect a slight amount of mineral taste, but it is very slight and not objectionable at all, at least to me.

I would highly suggest taking a calcium, magnesium and potassium supplement if you are drinking this water to be sure and maintain proper electrolyte balance.

BTW, my urine pH when I tested it this morning was between 7.0 and 7.2, which is considered optimal, after drinking the water all day yesterday. Even my wife, who has had diabetes for 2 decades is testing optimal now. Unfortunately I do not have a baseline though since I did not get the testing paper until last night. I would watch my pH very carefully, if it gets too alkaline, then you need to use less in your water.

Also I am thinking about using the undiluted solution in place of salt when cooking. That would be pretty cool, an alkalizing salt.

Marshall

Marshall Dudley wrote:
Now, it seems that sodium citrate is not readily available locally, but can be ordered from soap making suppliers. However sodium citrate can be easily made by adding one mol of citric acid to 3 mols of bicarbonate of soda ( 100 grams of citric acid to 85.8 grams of sodium bicarbonate ). I have to be very careful to not put more citric acid in then is needed, or it will activate the MMS drops I am adding. Maybe I just need to test the pH and make sure that it is not under 7. Anyway, that is what I am working on, and will keep everyone posted on how thing are going as I try it.

Marshall