Hi Jim,

> Some of the high volt (and even low volt as of late) generators can make a
> cs without tyndall.  There are some on the list that swear by it.  Theory
> being smaller particles will be able to get into cells and kill virus bugs,
> etc..  What seems to be needed to produce small particle cs is to have a
> very low current density, which your last experiment seems to have.

Agree, my problem is, now apparently other than taste, there seems to be
no way other than PPM to have any metric at all.

> Most people get in a rush and try to put more current through to get a
> higher ppm.  IMHO, ppm is not a good measure of how effective cs is in bug
> fighting, but we don't have an agreed upon alternative way to rate cs (that
> I know of).  Heck, it will probably start a war on the list to suggest that
> ppm is really a bad way to rate effectiveness, we only recently got 'most'
> on the list to understand the a tds meter cannot tell the ppm of cs.
> [ ... ]

Understand.

> I have both the 10k volt ac setup and a current limiting dc setup with
> polarity switching 0-35 volts.  The dc setup has become my favorite as it is
> so very controllable.  I can shut down at a given voltage draw and can keep
> my cs with as little or as much tyndall as I like.  Current limiting is the
> greatest.

This is my next approach.  With the equipment I have, my next attempt
will be to measure the resistance and take it from there.

> Keep up the good work.

Well, at the moment I am pretty discouraged in that I can establish no
reasonable metric for what I have / am doing.  I do take heart in that
this seems to be reasonably simple to produce *something* that will most
likely help.  When I can afford decent test instrumentation, perhaps I
will get "serious" about it again.  In the process I will continue to
play :-).  I suppose I could purchase one (or more :) of the units out
on the net, but I am a tinkerer at heart :-) not to mention pretty broke
at the moment :-) :-(.

It seems to me that unless you know what you have and are somehow able
to communicate effective dosage (at least as well as the conventional
medical establishment can) that this will remain a "country remedy",
which seems a real shame when it certainly *seems* to be quite effective
against a number of nasties.

Thanks & take care, Vikki.
--
Victoria Welch, WV9K, DoD#-13, Net/Sys/WebAdmin SeaStar.org,
vikki.oz.net