In *all* cases of me and my family, plus friends who get CS from me, they say that gargling with CS stops the sore throat. Have you tried spraying up your nose and also in your mouth? This sometimes gets the droplets (plus CS) into all the places. You have to do it frequently though. Maybe adding DMSO would help? dee