I'd say the h2o2 did it, but someone else can take that up.

I'd just like to take up the bit about the scrubbing pad.  Paper towel is quite
adequate for cleaning the electrodes, a scrubbing pad of any sort not only is
needlessly abrasive but in time will 'roughen' the surface of the silver
electrode and this will encourage the 'stripping?' of silver more rapidly from
the highest 'roughened' surface points rather than 'evenly' from the entire
electrode surface.

Someone with more knowledge of chemistry can explain better than I, but
electrolysis will take the least point of resistance if you like, which will
occur at those irregular 'high' patches on the electrode.  This could/will
affect the brewing times and the quality of the end product.

N.