Well, MaryAnn,

I think Mark Antony did something obversely similar when he opened his
oration in the play by Shakespeare:
"I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him." and proceeded to castigate
Brutus and the senate for assassinating Caesar on the senate floor.

One thing you could say in favor of Indi's behavior - she was direct,
honest and forthright in expressing herself; no sideways little digs.

Got it?
Malcolm