At 08:31 AM 1/14/2010, you wrote:
John E. Stevens wrote:
Plastic draws the silver to the sides of the plastic bottle.

That happens to my glass brewing jars, over long periods of time without cleaning the jar (usually when I have had to use less than ideal distilled water) and has happened to one pint jar in which I have stored a very high ppm batch I made years and years ago, the inside of that jar is very yellow. But I have never seen silver plate out onto the sides of the plastic jug in which I store finished CS. It doesn't have the same CS sitting in it very long (week or so maybe) but it has CS in it constantly. In the 8 years I've been making CS, I've only changed the jug once, and it had no plate out, but did have a build up of silver oxide (evaporation) around the spout, which I thought looked ugly, so I put a new one into use.
sol