I take dessicated liver powder for the heme iron. It doesn't build up in the system the way other iron types do. Used to be once upon a time, that doctors recommended live three times a week for anemic patients but it's been a very long time since I've heard that. It's also a great source of B vits, and vit A. I get mine from a source that manufactures it from Argentine grass fed cattle.

One strange note. I hated liver when I was a kid, but a few years ago someone convinced me to try it pan fried with onions and garlic, without any added oil. I really liked it. I still don't care for chicken or pork liver though. The flavor is just not right or something.

Annie

Control your destiny or somebody else will.~Jack Welsh