Very good points, ladies.  The med schools have been skewed since the early
1900's when JD Rockefeller owned most of King Pharma.  He, and Abraham
Fletchner pushed a law through Congress around 1910 that made using foods
and nutrients as "medicines" illegal.  Then with his multi-million dollar
grants to all of the med schools, he "controlled" the curriculum that
doctors studied.  Now, David Rockefeller, his grandson, owns (much in the
shadows) at least 85% of all the pharmaceutical companies.  And the line
goes on and on.
It's my philosophy that one needs to carefully look at their own health
(individualistically) and the health history of their immediate families to
detect any health weaknesses that may afflict them.  At that point, one can
research the possibility of "preventing" that possible affliction with foods
and nutrients.  Herbs and plants could be used, but one needs to carefully
research them prior to use.
I think "prevention" is the main key to good health - aside from eating the
right foods and drinking pure water.  We cannot avoid some of the dangers of
technological advances (or de-vances) and pollution, but we can strengthen
our overall systems to combat them.  It's a big "fight" in remaining
"healthy" in a sick world...

John