John wrote:
> CSW will kill off some of the good bacteria in the intestines if used
> daily.  i suggest using it whenever a cold or infection starts and when
> you are well, pass on it.

I think some of the objection to your statement, John, is just that
it's a little bit too broad.

There seems to be a threshold below which even daily use will have no
perceptible effect on flora. What it is varies widely among individuals
and products, of course. Certainly an ounce a day of some 10 ppm
product isn't going to do much to harm.

There is nothing wrong with cutting back to a gulp or two per week, or
using on an as-needed basis as you suggest. I personally think keeping
a low level available to the body is not a bad idea, though.

Larger doses ought to be accompanied by probiotics (taken at a
different time of day), or at least followed up with a deliberate
effort to repopulate the gut.

I disrupted my flora once early on, using large amounts of a primitive,
large particle, high strength brew. It ended up interfering with
calcium absorption, which, apparently, is facilitated by certain gut
bacteria.

I started to get extensive aches and pains in large muscle groups.
After figuring out what was happening, I had my wife buy some calcium
supplemented orange juice from the store as a quick way to get some
into me. After only a couple of cups worth of it, the pain stopped.

That was an interesting learning experience.

Be well!

Mike D.