Ode Coyote wrote:

  The best wrong tool we have is a conductivity meter.
It's doesn't actually measure silver, but gets you a pretty good guess and a good guess is all that's needed.

To "actually measure" the silver takes an Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer [ tens of thousands of bucks and an eddication to run it]
 A Hatch Colorometer does a decent job starting at about $5,000

Actually you can use an atomic absorption spectrometer, that is what Frank uses, or a spectrophotometer (also called a photospectromemter ), which is what I use. I have the Hack unit myself, but requires digestion of the silver by nitric acid first.

Marshall