You're very welcome. Since this is of interest, I'll add what I recall: the work was done in South America -- Brazil perhaps -- and claimed that after the therapy, the Islets of Langerhans in the pancreas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islets_of_Langerhans) were restored, and produced insulin.

The Google search starts here:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox- a&hs=80R&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&ei=14uES_iDFYH-7AORj- BL&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CAcQBSgA&q=stem+cell+thera py+restores+islets+of+langerhans&spell=1

Good luck! NB a Japanese new program some years ago showed a working man with severe diabetes, about to have his foot amputated, who reportedly greatly reduced his insulin injection requirements by drinking several liters of "alkaline water" per day. The water is popular in Japan, with machines available in all electronic stores. (The acidic water these machines produce also healed his gangrenous foot, and he walked out of the hospital and back to the job.)