In a message dated 3/3/2010 7:11:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
chube...@yahoo.com writes:

There  are two main theories about the bee population problem.

One is a nasty  parasite - read about promising developments at this site -
 http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090414084627.htm

There is  also a theory that certain pesticides interfere with the
honeybees' ability to  find their way home.   Having some trouble finding a
site for
 that.

No evidence of GMO involvement

Two of my boys raise bees and belong to a bee club. They say that our area
has never had a case of colony collapse, Puget Sound area. They buy bees
from  Georgia/Texas. They have mite problems.
Brickey