I also use a 9kv generator rated for 30 ma and have noticed the same except for
the
gold color. My run starts out at 19 ma and ramps up to 30 ma. I have been
experimenting with limiting the current by lowering the AC to the transformer
with a
variac until the current reads 20 ma. I find that running at 20 ma keeps the
transformer cool.

I have noticed that after sitting for a few days some very fine black fallout
appears at the bottom of my storage bottles. Is there any significance to the
black
fallout?

Dennis Lipter