Hello Marshall,

In theory you are correct.  IF all of the silver oxide has been converted to
silver metal, the ORP should read 0.

However, I have found that ORP measurement can be less than exact under
certain conditions.  I use it as a general indicator and to monitor change.

For example, if you have a pond with some fish in it and the ORP of the pond
water drops below around 250 algae will begin to form.  However, if you
raise the ORP of the water to above around 550, you will kill the fish.

You can use the same numbers for the water for cut flowers or for a cut
Christmas tree.  When the ORP of the water drops below 250, stemic rot will
form and a biofilm will form in the container.  This will block the plants
ability to absorb water and the flower or tree will quickly dry out.  If you
use water that has an ORP much above 550, you will poison the flowers or
tree, and they will quickly dry out.  If you use water in the "sweet" range,
you will double the life of the flowers or tree.

H2O2 starts out with an ORP of around 450.  This level drops as the H2O2
ages.

When purifying water with chlorine or chlorine dioxide you want the ORP to
be above 650.

I seem to remember that there may be a loose relationship between ORP and
PH.  I may be above 0 because the PH of the solution is below neutral.  I'll
add some baking soda to the solution to bring the PH to 7 and measure the
ORP again.

Tom