I have read (from first person accounts and in books) that extra iodine can cause surges in thyroid hormone. It can also cause extreme raises in thyroid antibodies, which can cause a bunch of thyroid symptoms. Palpitations can be a symptom of either too little or too much thyroid, if I am not mistaken.
sol

Sandy wrote:
I have taken iodine and magnesium and it only made it worse...or should I say the iodine made my heart nearly beat out of my chest and no effect with the mag. The folks on the iodine list told me I needed to up my iodine intake and you'll excuse me if I was somewhat intimidated to try it.

I am not saying mag and iodine does not help some people but they do not help me and believe me I tried it. I take magnesium every day but not the iodine.

I drink the ACV 3 times a day and apparently it's enough to have made a difference.