Jason wrote:
What actually happens when you add hydrogen peroxide to CS?
This is detailed at http://silver-lightning.com/theory.html#HP
 And what would
 be the reasons to do so?
Once again this is detailed at http://silver-lightning.com/theory.html#HP
I read here someone saying they cleaned there jars
 with it.
Yes, it works very well for removing silver deposits and somewhat for removing soap scum.
But I would think dish soap would be best to remove any film from
 glass.
The biggest contaminate for most is soap film. You cannot use soap to remove soap.
Getting electrode residue off the bottom of the jar seems to be my biggest
 problem.
That is what H2O2 excels. at.
Also could someone give the reasons why CS turns yellow?
The wavelength of light that is absorbed is proportional to the size of the particles. I have published graphs in these formus that give the exact relationship before. It the particles are small they absorb in the UV region, and thus appear clear, as they grow they absorb in the violet, blue, green, yellow, orange and finally red regions, give the complementary colors of light yellow, gold, orange, red, blue and green, but when you get the larger particles there is a variance of size that make the absorption wide band producing more of a brown.
I have had
 it only happen once and it happen a few days after sitting around in a dark
 glass bottle.It kind of disturbed me seeing this happen since I tend to do
over kill when doing procedure correctly.
Normally that is caused by a contaminate, usually soap residue.

Marshall