Hi
I'm no engineer but I think a very small nuke is what you need to to
collapse the well from a hole bored side by side with the gusher hole. Drill
down a few hundred feet and detonate. I doubt 3-4 lbs of conventional
explosives will do it unless inserted directly down the well which sounds
impossible to me. This is a very high pressure well. I could swear I read
was drilled through basalt to get to the oil but can find nothing on the
internet about basalt

I want that nuke to cap that well by destroying it. If that oil reservoir is
tapped again BP will have to drill a new hole....Hey it's doing that anyway
right now. Two of them