  From: Garrick
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 10:32 AM
  Subject: Re: CS>Mother of all gushers could kill Earth's oceans

  Hi
  I'm no engineer but I think a very small nuke is what you need to to collapse
the well from a hole bored side by side with the gusher hole. Drill down a few
hundred feet and detonate. I doubt 3-4 lbs of conventional explosives will do
it unless inserted directly down the well which sounds impossible to me. This
is a very high pressure well. I could swear I read was drilled through basalt
to get to the oil but can find nothing on the internet about basalt

  I want that nuke to cap that well by destroying it. If that oil reservoir is
tapped again BP will have to drill a new hole....Hey it's doing that anyway
right now. Two of them