OK, the article indicates that the methane hydrate is at the bottom of the Gulf, that is being formed from ice water at the bottom, and gas from below. I thought you were saying that it was coming up from the well, where the oil temperature is likely well over 100 degrees.

If you wish to discuss this further, please do so on the OT list, where most other responses have moved. I posted the original article here by mistake.

Marshall

Garrick wrote:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22methane%20hydrates%22&rlz=1B3GGLL_enUS358US358&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=nws:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=wn <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22methane%20hydrates%22&rlz=1B3GGLL_enUS358US358&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=nws:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=wn>

Methane hydrates are all over the news......Yep They are "plaguing" the BP well according to the news