Hi there Helen,

I never wash my production/storage vessels out, with anything, I just wipe them
out with a paper towel when they're empty.  I remove electrodes from the water
at regular timed intervals to clean them {paper towel again} and swap polarity
over.  I never get anything like you speak of occurring.

Clear and/or yellow will always be in debate but as far as I'm concerned as
long as that solution is absolutely transparent in appearance with no
cloudiness, and gravity doesn't pull anything out of solution, it's perfectly
fine and bio-available, be it clear or yellow.

I suggest you don't spend too much on a meter cos in my experience there's not
enough difference between any of them to warrant too much expense.  I use three
meters {Com 100, Hanna TDS1 and Com TDS-3}.  Meters are not the best for
assessing much, but at least they give me a reference shutoff point for all my
batches.  A meter and a laser tells me pretty much all I need to know as a home
producer.  Of course none of the above is useful if making this stuff for
resale, for that you certainly wouldn't consider using these piddly meters for
testing purposes, a laboratory analysis would be required.

P.S.  If you produce any of larger volume than 500ml you'd be well advised to
incorporate some form of stirring method as well.

P.P.S.  As for that infection you spoke of, in some circumstances I believe a
stabilised solution is less effective than a solution produced and
consumed/used IMMEDIATELY, or definitely before days end {ensuring maximum
ionic silver content as opposed to a more stablized solution which contains a
higher particulate silver content}.

N.