Usually, it is recommended to use hydrogen peroxide to clean electrodes and
container.  Use white paper towel or napkin if you need to, and rinse out
once or twice with distilled water.

You can test for colloidal silver by adding a small amount of salt to
colloidal silver in a small glass (shot glass or liqueur glass).  With
indirect light behind the glass, you should be able to see a blue haze
forming in the glass indicating silver chloride.  The bluish color is
proportional to the strength of the original colloidal silver.

Dan