In a message dated 7/21/2010 3:33:22 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
garnet_...@austin.rr.com writes:

Indian  Runner Ducks will also do the same and they are easier to catch.
Nice  eggs too.
They do not fly and are a land dwelling hybridized duck bred to  lay
numerous eggs, kinda
like a milk cow. All they need is a kiddie  pool of water to dunk
themselves in once or twice a day.

No more  wasps, fire ants, scorpions, daddy long legs, centipedes -- but
they will  also eat your
tender young plants and decorative flowers. I learned to put  cages
around the things I did not want them to eat. It was worth the  effort
and protection form wandering  deer.

Janet

Janet,
Thanks for the info.  We do have a huge pond that would be good and we
have deer problems in our garden.
We planted tomatoes in our yard instead of the garden due to the problem
but that doesn't stop deer.

Edith