From what I have read one needs to be careful with clays re aluminum also.
There is an interesting article at http://imaninatural.com/pdf/Pelotherapy101.pdf
They also sell 4 different kinds of clay so you might want to take a look.
PT
----- Original Message ----- From: "Garnet_LDN" <garnet_...@austin.rr.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2010 10:40 PM
Subject: Re: CS>Zeolite - Does it Really Work?

Zeolite is silica and so is DE, so for the money I would go with food grade DE. Actually I could choose clay, like Eaton's Three Clay blend over the DE. www.eytonsearth.com has
a link to his commercial clay site.

They all come out of the ground. And you need to know who you are buying from since any of them can be contaminated. DE has significant Aluminum Oxide and while it is not suppose to be bioavailable it makes me uncomfortable knowing it is on the analysis sheet. DE is also very powdery and fine, so is clay but it is not so fluffy so might be easier to work with. There is a lot of data on the absorptive and adsorptive properties of clay.

I would not buy Zeolite from an MLM, period. I used to buy 50lb bags for $25 and then it started being marketed in one pound net bags for $12.00 at dog shows as a deodarizer. I had been putting pounds of it in shallow boxes under the beds and couch to absorb odors for years. But I would not have at $12.00 a pound. This was 20 years ago.

Janet

Peter Converse wrote:
Hi Folks,
As Steve mentioned regarding zeolite, it's just about impossible to find some unbiased information while researching, due to the MLM factor. It's kind of funny that he mentioned this because I have been recently looking into zeolite once again, trying to dig up some "truth". Man...is it ever hard to tell fact from fiction when it comes to this topic!! Back in 2007 I did try the MLM liquid zeolite for a few months and I did actually seem to notice some great improvements in the way I had been feeling, relative to heavy metal toxicity and overall immune health. The cost of the product kept me from going on with it any longer though. I am presently considering trying either the liquid zeolite (NCD) once again, trying Garry Gordon's nano zeolite product or giving the Zeolite Pure product a shot. Can anyone make any suggestions about any of these based on personal experiences or experiences of family members or close friends? Does anyone have any well grounded scientific facts about the effectiveness of any of these products to permanently bind toxins? The company selling the MLM brand has had so much controversy in its history I really don't know what I can believe from these people. I see their product testimonials and I have to wonder how much truth could be in any of them. Comments? What about alternatives to zeolite to serve the same purpose of binding and escorting heavy metals and other toxins from the body? Ideas?
 Many thanks,
 Peter