  From: Norton, Steve
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Friday, August 13, 2010 4:01 PM
  Subject: CS>RE: Urea for dry skin RE: Urea for dry skin - and hair

  The mixture does not need to be very accurate. The 20% urea and 10% ethyl
lactate are at the high end of what you can get in commercial products. The
commercial products are expensive but it is inexpensive to make yourself. I
just used volume measurements. For example 7 cups water/2 cups urea granules/1
cup ethyl lactate. The urea I got at a farm supply but you can also find it as
a fertilizer at nurseries. The ethyl lactate I got at a hardware store as Klean
Strip Green Natural Multi-Purpose Solvent. You do not need to add magnesium. I
just used an existing solution of magnesium to add the stuff to as a
convenience. Although the urea could possibly increase the absorption of the
magnesium.

  Urea and lactic acid will pull moisture into the skin and work to dissolve
dead skin. After applying the mixture you may want to use a moisturizing cream
to prevent the moisture from evaporating from the skin if you have a bad case.

  My dry skin is from aging and not hereditary. Although I guess old age could
be considered as hereditary.  :>)

  -          Steve N