We are not talking about sealing the skin. Both coconut oil and lanolin have been used by varying cultures for skin protection for many years. Emu oil never did anything for me and it is estimated that most people in developed countries get more Omega 3 than they need.

I know that urine is supposed to be sterile but I doubt it is the case for many people these days with all the subacute UTIs that are around... especially the ones that come with aging. Infant urine may be a good choice if you have one around.
PT
----- Original Message ----- From: "Garnet_LDN" <garnet_...@austin.rr.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2010 6:15 PM
Subject: Re: CS>RE: Urea for dry skin RE: Urea for dry skin - and hair

Sealing the skin prevents the skin from breathing. The skin is our largest eliminative organ so not something that is good to seal. You need to be able to sweat out toxins. Sweating is essential to regular detox, even if you are not aware of it you are sweating
through out the day.

Eating a diet rich in essential fatty acids will keep skin moist. One tablespoon of Walnut Oil a day can make a big difference, it has almost 2,000 mg of Omega 3. Butter has Omega 6 in the activated form of Gamma Linolenic Acid. Cook with Ghee, clarified butter to avoid
dairy protiens if you are sensitive to dairy.

Emu Oil is a good moisturizer because it penetrates to subdermal layers and does not sit on top of the skin and seal it. Takes tiny amounts and totally soaks in, does not leave
a greasy film.

Fresh urine is the cheapest and best skin treatment, if you don't mind the concept. It is sterile and best of all always free and available. Also a great hair conditioner. The odor is not a problem as it disappears as it dries. Morning urine is a bit strong though, so 2nd void is probably more esthetic, although morning urine is more therapeutic. Makes the healthiest enema for ridding the colon of Candida and also a good soak for athletes'
foot fungus.

Best not to use urine if you are doing a lot of drugs, street or prescription due to possibly metabolite content. It is a 5,000 year old treatment in the pharmacopeia of all the indienous people on the planet. Seven different drugs are made from human urine including the
clot busting drug urokinase.

Janet

Norton, Steve wrote:
Agreed. I think it is a good idea.