Hi,
Can anyone tell me what is going on?

I have be instructed to distill water twice for a particular purpose.  I have
discarded the first cup or so and not let the whole cycle run through so there
is a little water left in the bottom each time.

I clean the 'pot' between each distilling.  Wiping it out well.

My questions are these.  If distilled water is supposed to be the purest water
possible why on the second distillation do I still get debris in the bottom of
the pot on the second processing?  Second, if it is supposed to be a closed
system why do I seem to be losing an inordinate amount of water as if it is
evaporating?

I guess there is a third, at the end there are a few black specks in the glass
jug.  I am assuming these are charcoal bits.  Are they contaminating the
distilled water?

I'm using the Love model 4 and it is new as is the process to me.

Thanks for any help you can give.
PT