From: Dianne France [mailto:dianne_fra...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 7:04 PM
To: silver-list
Subject: CS>OT hair loss

Hello Group

I need some advice for my 85 year old mother.  She had a colostomy done
4 months ago due

to diverticulitis with partial bowel removal.  We almost lost her to
pneumonia after the surgery.

She is clinically blind.  She had a cancer (6 mo ago) in her ear that
was removed and small radiation done on the spot.  The doctors didn't
tell her they did radiation until much later.  She has started losing
her hair.  This has started happening in the last two months and it is
coming out by handfuls.  I'm afraid she is not eating a proper diet,
maybe not enough protein.  She lives with my daughter and family.  She
was always very healthy until this last year.

Anyway, I need some advice as to supplements that might help her retain
her hair.  It is the one thing

she has left that she enjoys having fixed.  I don't know where to start
on this one so I am turning to

you guys.

Dianne