  From: Dianne France
  To: silver-list
  Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 7:04 PM
  Subject: CS>OT hair loss

  Hello Group

  I need some advice for my 85 year old mother.  She had a colostomy done 4
months ago due

  to diverticulitis with partial bowel removal.  We almost lost her to
pneumonia after the surgery.

  She is clinically blind.  She had a cancer (6 mo ago) in her ear that was
removed and small radiation done on the spot.  The doctors didn't tell her they
did radiation until much later.  She has started losing her hair.  This has
started happening in the last two months and it is coming out by handfuls.  I'm
afraid she is not eating a proper diet, maybe not enough protein.  She lives
with my daughter and family.  She was always very healthy until this last year.

  Anyway, I need some advice as to supplements that might help her retain her
hair.  It is the one thing

  she has left that she enjoys having fixed.  I don't know where to start on
this one so I am turning to

  you guys.

  Dianne