Simply explanation is--if you are really sick, use the activated.  If you
are not ill and wanting to stay that way, use unactivated.  If it's a few
drops in water, it more or less winds up being stabilized oxygen, which many
people have taken daily for years.  No colds, flu, etc.

Still, I would make sure to take some C and other antioxidants every day, as
even in dilute form, chlorine dioxide is an oxidant.

I'm sure Tom will have a much better explanation than my feeble attempt.

Samala,
Renee