Steve;
Thanks for the referenced reply.
For myself, a layperson, I am not understanding resultant statement in your
email. Could you kindly translate, so to speak, in simpler terms...I did not
happen to read the entire article itself - appreciated,John

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WHR-4KH3YG7-4&_user=10&_coverDate=11%2F15%2F2006&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_origin=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1469043580&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=8146e78f52c98b9450565614ad3dd198&searchtype=a

High chemical reactivity of silver nanoparticles toward hydrochloric acid

"High chemical reactivity of Ag nanoparticles was observed in the reaction with
hydrochloric acid: Ag (nanoparticles) +HCI -> AgCl + H-2; the reaction product
silver chloride was characterized by X-ray powder diffraction to give a direct
evidence for the reaction which has been proved impossible for the bulk Ag."

-       Steve N