Sunny,

None of the following is given as mediacal advice, just comments and things I
have done or would try.

OUCH!  With that much trauma to the socket area to remove the tooth - in three
pieces, it stands to reason that it is gonna take a while for the bone
"bruising" and trauma to settle down and heal, sort of like it takes a broken
bone a lot longer to heal than a bad tissue bruise.  The dentist separated jaw
bone from tooth (bone-like) tissue and a 3 rooter is a task because of the
angles on the roots  going in different directions.

>From what you describe and what you are doing - unless you have a foul odor,
>pus from the empty gum area,  fever, increased swelling or redness or other
>signs of infection like on the list the dentist should have given you - it is
>just going to be a healing process.

Personally, I would probably be gently swishing and swallowing the silver many
more times a day as it is anti-inflammatory as well as helping kill pathogens.
I just feel better when I am taking the silver several times a day.

I made and used a zapper on a tooth root and am having good results.  We
are glad I took the plunge as it is a very positive one for me.

Lower jaw swelling is called "dependent edema" a fancy term for describing the
fluids from the swelling in the upper jaw running downhill - from the upper jaw
to the lower one.  You may end up with resolving bruising in the lower jaw as
dependent bruising is often very deep and will not be seen until it begins
resolving from the dark to the blue and green and yellow stages.

It would be wise to keep drinking adequate amounts of pure water and stay away
from sugars in the mouth as they can feed all the nasty pathogens just waiting
to set up housekeeping.

The stitch might have been used to pull raw gum edges back together after that
rough extraction.  The tissue edges are probably healed but I would not remove
the stich until contacting the dentist on Monday as I do not know about the
moist mouth area and stitches.  Leaving the tail on that nylon stitch would
make it easier to remove later.

Are you only swishing the MMS or are you taking it orally so it can reach that
area from the inside also?  If MMS is stinging that much I wonder if you would
be kinder to the open and raw tissues by diluting it a bit more???

Seems common sense to be sure to brush the rest of your teeth, very gently and
avoid the sore area.  Maybe use Hydrogen peroxide or silver?

I wonder if rinsing your mouth with hydrogen peroxide might also give some
relief.  I have been using H2O2 in a water moistened mouth with good results
lately.  Just a thought.

I am so sorry you have had such a tough experience and pray you will feel
better soon and heal completely.

Keep us posted on your progress as well as what seems to help and what did
not.  Helps us to know these things.

Blessings from Paula in Palacios

Forwarded Message: Re: CS>Help with tooth extraction pain

Re: CS>Help with tooth extraction pain
Sunday, September 26, 2010 7:36 AM

"needling around" <ptf2...@bellsouth.net>

To:
silver-list@eskimo.com

#yiv1296453714 DIV {
MARGIN:0px;}

Hi Sunny,
As far as I know a "dry socket" is when the blood clot in the socket is
dislodged.  I found some information on the web at
http://www.medicinenet.com/dry_socket/article.htm

I hope this is helpful.
Good luck.
PT